Providing Affordable Dental Care is our #1 priority!
Tips for Improving Your Dental Health
Caring for your teeth and visiting the dentist will help you maintain healthy teeth and gums.
Have you ever wonder how your smile looks to someone else? Can you smile with confidence? Surprisingly, the benefits of having properly aligned teeth extend far beyond a confident smile. Think about it, a smile can hardly be perfect if it’s not a healthy one.
Here are some tips to help your smile look better, but more importantly to keep a healthy smile.
- Brush at least twice a day. But if possible three times a day. The best time to brush your teeth is after every meal. Many people keep a toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, in their purse, briefcase, coat pocket, or office desk drawer. Choose a toothbrush with a small head for better access to back teeth. Soft bristles are kinder on your gums.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste. Fluoride has been instrumental in the dramatic drop in tooth decay and cavity occurrence.
- Brush thoroughly. Tooth brushing should take between two and three minutes.
- Floss your teeth daily. Floss removes plaque and debris that sticks to teeth and gums in between teeth, polishes tooth surfaces, and controls bad breath.
- Limit acidic drinks. Food acids soften tooth material and dissolve the minerals in tooth enamel, causing holes (cavities and caries).
- Avoid using your teeth for anything other than chewing food. Cracking nuts with your teeth, opening bottle tops, and ripping open packaging is not recommended as you risk chipping or even breaking our teeth.
- See your dentist for a regular check-up. You should also visit your dentist if you have a dental problem such as a toothache or bleeding gums.
We encourage you to contact us via phone or email:
Best Image Dental
661 – 513 – 9595